You can use your online account to:
- Place items on hold and see what items are currently on hold
- See what items are checked out and when they are due
- Renew items
If the library owns an item, but it is currently checked out, you can reserve the item by putting a hold on it. You can place holds in person, by telephone, or online.
After an item has arrived at the specified pick up location, you will be notified and the item will be held for three (3) days.
You can renew items in person at any of the library branches, by phone, or online.
To renew by phone, please call your local branch. For interlibrary loan renewals, please call at least four (4) days in advance of the item’s due date as the lending library must approve the renewal.
To renew items online, log in to your library account with your library card number and password.
Under Your Account > Items Out, you’ll see a list of checked out items. Select Renew All and all eligible items will be renewed and the new due date(s) will be displayed. Most items can be renewed twice, unless someone else is waiting for it.
- There are no renewals for items on hold by other library users.
- All materials may be returned to any Chambers County Library System location.
Loan Periods & Checkout Limits
How many items you can check out, how long you can keep items, and how often you can renew vary based on the item type. Please note that items other patrons have on hold cannot be renewed.
- Books, Audiobooks, and Magazines 3 weeks, 2 renewals
- DVDs and Blu-Rays 3 days, 2 renewals
- Large Equipment 24 hours, no renewals
- Small Equipment 7 days, no renewals
Fines & Fees
Most items not returned to the library on their due dates accrue fines at the rate of $0.05 per day, up to $2.00 per item. Paperback fines are $0.01 per day, up to $0.50 per item. All audio-visual items have fine rates of $0.25 per day, up to $10.00 per item. A patron may not check out items if more than $5.00 is owed.