You are here
Friends of the Library
How do I join the Friends?
Membership is open to all individuals. If you'd like to join the Friends, visit any of our locations to fill out the membership form. Annual membership dues are $5 for individuals, $25 for small businesses, & $100 for corporate entities. Membership forms can be completed online here and are also available for download here. If you are submitting your form on paper, send it along with your membership fee to:
Friends of CCLS
P.O. Box 520
Anahuac, TX 77514
Who are the Friends and what do they do?
The Friends of the Chambers County Library System consists of members and volunteers who actively promote Library services and resources while sharing their love of books with the community. The Friends foster a positive relationship between the Library and the community, secure volunteers and raise funds to support the Library. The Friends work toward the enrichment of library services, and to finance library projects not possible with County funds. To date, the Friends have raised $156,600 towards furnishings for the Goss Library. Ongoing fundraising efforts continue until their balance of $374,292 is paid. In 2003, the Friends were recognized as Group of the Year by the Anahuac Area Chamber of Commerce.
How does my membership help?
Your annual Friends membership helps support the community in multiple ways. Funds raised support Library System programming such as kids' summer reading. Memberships also bring free, engaging events to Chambers County.
Click the Paypal button below to donate today!
Books for Sale: Book Carts containing gently used books are on sale year round at the Anahuac and Winnie branches. A permanent bookstore is open at the Mont Belvieu location. Hours of operation vary depending on volunteer availability. For more information on bookstore hours, please contact the staff at 281-576-2245.
Friends Board members
- Jean Abshier Forrest, President
- Elaine Byrd, Vice-President
- A. Lynette Parsons, Treasurer
- Susanne Bogan
- Vickey Gaulding
- Patty Long
- Lena Yepez
Support us while you shop!
Select the Friends of the Chambers County Library System when you shop at Kroger using your community rewards card. Search for us here!
- 2022 November quarterly meeting minutes
- 2022 August quarterly meeting minutes
- 2022 April quarterly meeting minutes
- Annual meeting minutes, 2022
- 2021 November quarterly meeting minutes
- 2021 July/August quarterly meeting minutes
- Annual meeting minutes, 2019
- 2019 April quarterly meeting minutes
- 2019 August quarterly meeting minutes
- 2019 November quarterly meeting minutes
- November quarterly agenda, 2022
- August quarterly agenda, 2022
- April quarterly agenda, 2022
- Annual meeting, 2022
- November quarterly agenda, 2021
- Jul/Aug quarterly meeting, 2021- NO AGENDA
- Annual meeting, 2020
- Annual meeting, 2019